2012年7月25日水曜日

Guest Lists: Taquwami

On the Guest List, artists introduce some of their favorite recent obsessions and some random things. Some readers might find the style very similar to the same named corner in Pitchfork, but we'll just keep things like that until we can think of a better name.




Our first artist to make the Guest List is a bedroom producer of growing international/national fame who just released his Blurrywonder EP from Void Youth a few days back: Taquwami. Here you'll read about his strange bad habits, bittersweet record store memories and some foods he recommends to eat with alcohol.

Thanks to Taquwami, his new song "2 Luv Again" from the Innit Compilation is available exclusively on Simon Says for download: just see the soundcloud player below.
--------------------------------------------------

The First Song I Learned by Heart

"Yume janai" (It's not a dream) by Spitz. It was in a mixtape my friend game me when we were in elementary school and I remember copying down every lyric from the song into my notebook. I'll go take a look at it again the next time I go to my parent's place.

Favorite Illustrator

Nothing really comes to mind hearing "illustrator", but if I can list some manga artists, I like Katsuhiro Otomo, Junji Ito and Kazuo Umezu.

The Last Great Book I Read

"Iyashii Tori" (A Crude Bird) by Kaori Fujino.
Though, it was probably over half a year ago...

Favorite Music Videos
Geneva Jacuzzi - Clothes on the Bed
Geneva Jacuzzi - Bad Moods
Geneva Jacuzzi - Love Caboose



The Person I Admire

Can't really say anybody... I guess if I had to, I'd go with Doc Emmett Brown. Or the Nohara family from Crayon Shin-chan.

Bad Habit
Wasting a lot of time reading horror stories on my iPhone late at night (8 times a month).
Recently read a really scary one called "The Middle-aged Woman"...

The Best Thing I Bought This Year

MPD32. Really really fun.

The Last Great Concert I Saw

Hmmm I'd say Rustie at SonarSound Tokyo 2012. Seems like a lot of people didn't like the performance but I loved how the bass owned the entire space. And my idea of a good show isn't so much how the artists performed but how much I was able to be completely absorbed in my own world. By those terms I'd say, I really danced my ass off when Rustie came on.

Common Recurring dream

I just realized that I didn't see a lot of dreams recently.

Things I Do In the Morning
Remember and regret what I did yesterday.
Recently I'm listening to Julian Lynch/Candy Claws/Ventla a lot in the morning.


Favorite Movie

Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael (1990).
I still have the VHS even though I don't have anything to play it with or even a TV in my house so I haven't seen it for years. I might not even remember what it was about. But I remember it being really good so it's my favorite movie.


Dream Collaboration

Makoto Kawamoto x Occult You


Favorite Spot

The grocery store near my house. Because they sell vegetable juice so cheaply.

Favorite Instrument

Synthesizer. There's so much you can do with it. I only use hard synth to make a sound and play. I don't use any sounds from soft synth. Though, it's not exactly like I am too particular about this style of making music.

Favorite Record Store

About a year ago there was a Disk Union (record store chain) 10 minutes from my house. It was out in the countryside so there weren't many customers which meant it was my place to shine (at least I felt). But it was shut down. -fin-

Favorite Albums of This Year

Party Trash - Mariah Carey Tribute
Giraffage - Comfort
Nobody & Mystic Chords Of Memory - Tree Colored See
Rimar - Higher Ground
Brandy - Never Say Never
Smoke Room - Collection
Balam Acab - Wander / Wonder
Hymie's Basement - Hymie's Basement
Twin Sister - In Heaven
Sleep ∞ Over - Forever
Tinashe - In Case We Die

Favorite Drinking Time Snack
Mixed nuts I guess but, what a random question!



Taquwami Links
Facebook
Twitter
Blogger
Void Youth

Taquwami to perform in CLARK/LAPALUX JAPAN TOUR!
date: 2012.10.12 FRI
venue: Shibuya Sound Museum VISION
open/start: 23:00
Advance: ¥4,000
Day of: ¥4,500
INFO: BEATINK 03-5768-1277
You must be 20 and over and bring a photo ID.

[Line Up]
CLARK
LAPALUX
DJ NOBU
DJ KENSEI
SUBMERSE
AO INOUE
BUN/Fumitake Tamura
TAQUWAMI
and more.
http://www.beatink.com/Events/Clark-Lapalux12/

Translation by Andrew Brasher

日本語で読む
Read this article in Japanese

0 件のコメント:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...